Sunday, March 21, 2010

breads.

last weeks report.

transitional whole wheat sandwich loaf.
-peter reinharts "whole grain breads"

this loaf used a 50/50 blend of ap and whole wheat flour. i wanted a morning toast loaf to go with the nutritional yeast i acquired on my trip to the greenville earth fare. i consider nut yeast to be somewhat of a guilty pleasure since i'm not sure of its purposes/usefullness. i do know that i aquired a taste for it sprinkled over lightly buttered toast.

the loaf took two days and turned out well enough. sometimes my baking projects keep me up past my normal sleeping hour- and you can find me in the kitchen crouching besides the oven with a copy of "cooks illustrated". this is a typical saturday night for me in spartanburg.




i also used the scone recipe from rose levy beranbaum's "pie and pastry bible" to create a modified flaky pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment