Thursday, June 3, 2010

back to the books


i made the Babka from peter reinhart's new book this past weekend. it came out slightly less flaky then i would have liked but the result was chocolaty and enjoyable none the less. i also made the lean bread, most all of his recipes all for cold ferments that last over night.

most of the bread i bake calls for overnight cold fermenting, this works well for my schedule allowing me to stretch out the work over a few days. this new book explains the delights of the cold ferment technique as well alternative methods for people who like me don't own standing mixers.






my second amazon purchase was "the bread builders", i've heard good things about this text and after pouring over the library copy i ordered one for myself. its pretty good reading for anyone who plans to build a masonry oven or bake bread in one.




1 comment:

  1. send me a good/easy recipe. I want to bake a loaf. I have plenty of time, just a lack of resources.

    ReplyDelete